(608) 758-8078

Consult With an Attorney

If you are thinking bankruptcy may be right for you, talk to an attorney. They will be able to tell you if it is a good option for you and answer any questions that you may have.

A Message From Attorney Neher About Consultations

I provide in-depth consultations by telephone, or in person should you so choose, to people who are considering filing for bankruptcy. The consultations are by appointment. I will call or meet with you at the appointed time. A consultation generally takes half an hour to an hour and a half, depending on the complexity of your situation. After the consultation, if you decide not to file for bankruptcy, the consultation is free. You need not hire me as your bankruptcy attorney, nor must I accept you as a client. You have no further obligation to me, nor I to you. However, if you retain me to represent you in a bankruptcy proceeding, the consultation is not free. The retainer I require and my overall fee for the bankruptcy include funds to pay for the consultation.

Call (608) 758-8078 to schedule a consultation.

So that you can take full advantage of your consultation, and so I can provide useful information and advice, please have some information in front of you for our appointment.


If you own your home, please have the most recent real estate tax bill. Additionally, be prepared to tell me:

Motor Vehicles

If you own any motor vehicles (cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, ATVs, and snow mobiles), be prepared to tell me their values. To find the values, go to the consumer section of www.nada.com and look up the average retail value. Additionally, if you are making payments, I will want to know your payment amount and how much you owe on each vehicle.

Gross income (before taxes) from all sources

You will need to tell me your gross income from all sources during the six complete months before the consultation. Sources of income include child support, alimony, unemployment compensation, worker's compensation, disability payments (including SSDI), pension income, cashed-in retirement accounts, gambling winnings, and social security.

Income taxes

If you owe taxes to the IRS or Wisconsin Department of Revenue, I will want to know how much you owe and whether tax liens have been filed. If you owe business taxes, be prepared to tell me what kinds you owe (sales, 941, etc.).

Payments to relatives

If you have paid any debts to relatives during the twelve months before the consultation, please tell me whom you paid, and how much.

Required disclosure under BAPCPA 2005: "We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code."
Copyright 2017 Neher Law Office